Arif A. Siddiqui with an overall 21 years of in-depth hands-on experience in Sales, Operations and Business Management, he has spent 17 years in the Logistics industry with the pioneers AFL Logistics (Now called FEDEX) providing Supply Chain Solutions and Logistics Services including Express Distribution, Warehousing and Order fulfilment Services. He served in various roles ranging from Branch to Regional Manager to National Operations Head to Country Business Head. He was responsible to head the special assignment of developing and implementation of the Transportation Management System - TMS and Warehouse Management System – WMS for the Company.
Responsible for designing and operationalising the supply chain inbound, outbound and reverse logistics processes for Warehousing & Distribution Solutions for large multinational corporations in the country like Hewlett Packard, Canon, Sharp, Godrej and Boyce, Blue Star, L&T, Bose, Herbalife, IBM, HCL, Telco, TATA Indicom and many more. This included setting up a network of over 50 warehouses across India.
Key achievements in supply chain management and logistics business:
- Member of the CORE team for structuring the 3PL business.
- Developed a comprehensive business development process and solution model.
- Conceived the Strategic Account management concept in the industry.
- Created a network of 1350 destinations with close to 68 branches.
- Created world class warehousing infrastructure of over One Million square feet in 50+ locations in India.
- Upgraded the HUB and SPOKE model for the Express Transportation business.
- Standardised several management control and operations Processes and documentation.
- Introduced the concept of containerisation of trucks for safe movement and standardisation of surface transportation.
- Conceptualised the development of a world class 3PL ERP and successfully implemented in over 50 sites across the Country.
- Created a team of domain experts and process oriented operations experts for the express distribution and warehousing service.
- Designed successful distribution models and SCM organisation for various Multinationals.
- Designed and developed various business partner relationships at strategic and operating levels.
- Designed the first 3PL integrated Distribution Park with multiple temperature facilities in Panvel.
- Designed the first Network of Private Agri Logistics Parks in Rajasthan and Gujarat. This includes Cold storages for Potato and Coriander
- Designed the first temperature controlled Pharmaceutical Distribution Warehouse in Mumbai with Cold Storage, Air-conditioned and Ambient store facility. Including multi span heavy duty racking and modern material handling equipment.
- A faculty at SP Jain Institute of Management – Singapore and Dubai Campus
- Faculty at Mumbai Business School
- Faculty at Institute of Supply Chain Management.
- Member CII Institute of Logistics – Warehouse Certification Committee.
- Member Supply Chain Leadership council.